Superman 1978 flies into the world of NFTs! Warner Bros. Home Entertainment ventures into a new home-entertainment business model, using NFTs to recapture the thrill of the iconic DC superhuman. The latest NFT bundles revolve around the 1978 film “Superman: The Movie,” starring Christopher Reeve and directed by Richard Donner.
These NFTs verify the ownership and authenticity of digital content. Moreover, they can be bought, sold, and traded on Warner Bros.’s online marketplace. This super-venture is powered by Eluvio, a content blockchain technology provider.
- Warner Bros. introduces Superman NFTs, enabling trading of the 1978 film.
- The Superman Web3 Movie Experience includes the movie in 4K Ultra HD and extras by DC artists.
- Available for a limited time starting June 9, with early access for previous WB NFT buyers.
Superman NFTs: The Last Son Of Krypton Soars the Skies of Crypto
The Superman Web3 Movie Experience is a multimedia NFT package that includes the film in 4K Ultra HD format. It also includes extras such as image galleries and artist renderings by renowned DC artists. Warner Bros. aims to generate enthusiasm among NFT enthusiasts and DC fans as they revisit the classic Christopher Reeves film. The initiative is to not only to make money through initial sales but also to foster an engaged community of supporters for potential long-term benefits.
Starting June 9, the Superman Web3 Movie Experience becomes available for purchase for a limited time. Furthermore, the project grants early access to previous buyers of Warner Bros. NFTs. The bundles are priced at $30 for the Standard Edition and $100 for the Premium Edition. Customers can make their purchases using a credit card or cryptocurrency after creating an Eluvio NFT media wallet. This wallet acts as a secure “digital vault” for streaming and viewing the content.
The Red Capes are Coming
This release is the second installment in the “WB Movieverse” series. It follows last year’s groundbreaking “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring” (Extended Edition) NFT movie bundle.
Here are the details of the two editions included in the Superman Web3 Movie Experience:
- Standard Edition ($30, available from June 9, 8 a.m. ET to June 16, 7:59 a.m. ET):
- Offers an interactive location-based navigation menu, the theatrical version of Superman: The Movie.
- This includes previously released special features, and an image gallery featuring stills and behind-the-scenes photos.
- Premium Edition ($100, available for 24 hours from June 9, 8 a.m. ET to June 10, 7:59 a.m. ET):
- Provides three different variations for separate purchase—Truth, Justice, and Hope. Each of these features an illustration of Christopher Reeve’s Superman by one of three DC artists, namely, Ivan Reiss, Ben Oliver, or Bill Sienkiewicz.
- Each variation includes an interactive and explorable location-based navigation menu and three versions of the feature film.
- Additionally, the bundle offers previously released special features. This includes image galleries featuring costumes and details from the Warner Bros. Archive, and behind-the-scenes images.
Early access to all editions of the Superman Web3 Movie Experience starts on June 8 to various WB NFT holders.
- Holders of DC Bat Cowl NFTs at 8 a.m. ET.
- DC3 holders at 11 a.m. ET.
- Holders of The Lord of the Rings Web3 Movie Experience at 2 p.m. ET.
Purchasers of the Superman Web3 Movie Experience also receive a complimentary voucher code for a DC3 Super Power Pack from the DC NFT Marketplace. This further provides three randomly selected Superman comics with varying rarities! These packs are time-gated and limited to one per account. Moreover, Warner Bros. plans to release new themed packs every few weeks.
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Record-Breaking Sale: ‘The Goose’ Artwork Soars to $6.2 Million at Sotheby’s Auction
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Snoop Dogg Takes NFTs on Tour With the Passport Series
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Crypto Companies Flock to Hong Kong: Understanding the Implications of New Regulations”
- NFT Guest PostsJune 16, 2023FEWOCiOUS’ Signature Style Takes Center Stage in adidas Originals Collaboration