With trading volume soaring higher than 60,000 ETH and individual sales recorded at more than 30 ETH, many eyes are on Open Edition Pepe by Jack Butcher. Here’s everything you need to know.
- Open Edition Pepe by Jack Butcher is gaining attention in the Web3 world with its trading volume exceeding 60,000 ETH and individual sales being recorded at over 30 ETH.
- Opepen is a unique NFT collection of 16,000 open-edition artworks that change over time. Inspired by Pepe the Frog and digital artist Batz, it explores concepts of uniqueness, scarcity, and abundance in the Web3 community.
- Opepen introduces unique drop mechanics, with art revealed gradually and collectors having the opportunity to opt-in to artwork previews they like. Butcher aims to create a sense of community involvement and foster collaboration among Opepen collectors.
Jack Butcher, The Creative Web3 Genius
In the world of Web3, we often witness exciting crossover and derivatives where art, projects, memes, and personalities intertwine, creating new and influential trends. Significantly, one notable name in the space is Jack Butcher, the mastermind behind the successful Checks NFTs project. Moreover, Butcher’s latest venture, Opepen, draws inspiration from the iconic Pepe the Frog meme.
Pepe the Frog, a cartoon character created by Matt Furie in 2005, has become a symbol in the crypto world. Various NFT projects have used it and it has even served as inspiration for its own cryptocurrency meme-coins. Given Pepe’s large influence, it’s no surprise that it played a role in the creation of Opepen.
What is Opepen?
Opepen is a collection of 16,000 open-edition NFTs, designed to change their artwork over a series of drops and reveals. Thus, it’s no wonder why Butcher’s dynamic approach to the project has gained attention. Additionally, its trading volume exceeds 63,250 ETH ($116 million) and individual sales are recorded at nearly 31 ETH ($58,000).
Furthermore, Opepen is not just another digital art NFT collection, it’s a community-driven experiment that dives into uniqueness, scarcity, and abundance in Web3. Inspired by the works of digital artist Batz, Butcher took elements from batz’s use of shapes and crafted his own style. The name Opepen combines open, signifying open edition NFTs, and Pepe, the beloved frog meme with Web3.
Opepen launched on January 8th, 2023, with a unique approach to open edition drops. Rather than immediately revealing the NFTs, Butcher opted for a series of drops happening at random intervals. Each drop consists of 80 Opepens out of the total 16,000. In addition, some drops feature art prints shared among the set, while others include small variations or even one-of-a-kind pieces. The distribution of art remains random, creating an air of excitement and surprise.
To add an interactive element, Opepen introduced the concept of opt-ins. Each Opepen owner can choose to opt-in to artwork previews they like by signing a message in their crypto wallet. If the proposed metadata change receives a 200 percent opt-in rate, the full NFT artwork is revealed. Therefore, this unique mechanism allows collectors to partake in the reveal process and influence the outcome of each drop.
Why Was Opepen Launched?
Significantly, Butcher’s intention with Opepen was to experiment with the idea of uniqueness in the digital realm, a recurring theme in his Web3 projects. Unlike his previous focus on scarcity and rarity in Checks, Opepen explores the concept of abundance in art and how it influences collector choices. Furthermore, Butcher aimed to foster a sense of community among Opepen collectors. He is doing this by involving them in the creation process and encouraging collaboration.
Throughout the evolution of Opepen, Butcher has demonstrated transparent leadership. In addition, he actively shares updates and engages in discussions about the project on Twitter, providing enthusiasts with insights into its development and future. This open dialogue allows collectors to provide feedback and opens doors for potential collaborations with other artists.
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Record-Breaking Sale: ‘The Goose’ Artwork Soars to $6.2 Million at Sotheby’s Auction
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Snoop Dogg Takes NFTs on Tour With the Passport Series
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Crypto Companies Flock to Hong Kong: Understanding the Implications of New Regulations”
- NFT Guest PostsJune 16, 2023FEWOCiOUS’ Signature Style Takes Center Stage in adidas Originals Collaboration