Non-Fungible Conference (NFC) Lisbon 2023 is preparing to announce the finalists of the world’s very first NFT Art Prize organized by Arab Bank Switzerland. This is the first award by a major institution to recognize and celebrate digital artists in the NFT space. Here’s everything you need to know.
- NFC Lisbon 2023 will crown Marjan Moghaddam as the winner of the groundbreaking NFT Art Prize. This will take place during the conference on June 7th, showcasing the fusion of art and technology.
- Arab Bank Switzerland initiated the world’s first NFT Art Prize, recognizing and celebrating digital artists in the NFT space. The theme “Orient meets Occident” attracted over 140 applications since its opening in January 2023.
- The jury, comprising experts in the digital art realm, shortlisted ten international artists representing diverse NFT art movements. These outstanding artworks will captivate attendees at the Non-Fungible Conference, offering unique perspectives and pushing the boundaries of the art world.
NFT Prize Announcement at NFC Lisbon 2023
NFC Lisbon 2023 is gearing up to reveal the winner of the highly anticipated NFT Art Prize! During the NFC on June 7th, they will announce Marjan Moghaddam as the winner. In addition, this event showcases the fusion of art and technology, celebrating artists who push the boundaries of the art world.
Significantly, The Arab Bank Switzerland, known for its involvement in the crypto space initiated the world’s first NFT Art Prize. Moreover, last year, they launched this prestigious award to highlight the intricate connection between art and technology. The theme for the first edition, “Orient meets Occident,” attracted an overwhelming response. Over 140 applications since its opening in January 2023.
Furthermore, the jury for this inaugural edition comprises experts in the digital art realm. Inna Modja, Co-founder of Code Green and UN Ambassador (UNCCD), along with John Karp, President of the Non-Fungible Conference, lead the panel. Additionally, they are joined by Nicolas Gonet, Board Member of Gonet & Cie and Arab Bank Switzerland, Benoit Couty, Founder of MoCA, Valeria Lavizzari, Executive Director at Arab Bank Switzerland, and Rani Jabban, Managing Director of Arab Bank Switzerland.
After careful deliberation, the esteemed NFT Art Prize jury shortlisted ten international artists, each representing diverse NFT art movements. These outstanding artworks will captivate attendees with their unique perspectives as they exhibit them at the Non-Fungible Conference.
What Does the Jury Say?
Expressing her pride in being part of the NFT Art Prize, Inna Modja stated, “This award represents an important advancement in the digital art space, confirming the ever-growing interest of major institutions.” Moreover, Rani Jabban, Managing Director of Arab Bank Switzerland, congratulated Marjan Moghaddam on her outstanding piece, “Glitching Intaleqi”. He described it as an embodiment of the theme and search for the Prize.
Apart from receiving the 15,000 CHF prize and being included in Arab Bank Switzerland’s NFT Art Collection, the winner will enjoy significant networking opportunities and heightened visibility at special events worldwide. The journey begins with a dedicated exhibition in Lisbon next month, coinciding with the NFC Conference.
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Record-Breaking Sale: ‘The Goose’ Artwork Soars to $6.2 Million at Sotheby’s Auction
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Snoop Dogg Takes NFTs on Tour With the Passport Series
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Crypto Companies Flock to Hong Kong: Understanding the Implications of New Regulations”
- NFT Guest PostsJune 16, 2023FEWOCiOUS’ Signature Style Takes Center Stage in adidas Originals Collaboration