The Otherside is the game created by Yuga Labs and the largest expansion of the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT ecosystem so far. Recently, Yuga announced an exciting update. Here’s everything you need to know.
- The Otherside is a gamified metaverse connected to the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT ecosystem. In addition, it blends MMORPG and virtual world mechanics.
- Recent developments include Legends of the Mara, decoupled Kodas, Vessels, and Otherdeed Expanded NFTs, all detailed in the official blog series.
- The latest update introduces alliances with Yuga Labs and third-party PFP collections, allowing players to gain reinforcements and allies in the battle against the Shattered, enhancing their chances of success and leaderboard position.
What is Yuga Labs Otherside?
Ultimately, The Otherside is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) and metaverse platform connected to the BAYC ecosystem. Further, it is a gamified, interoperable metaverse currently under development. Moreover, the game blends mechanics from MMORPGs and web3-enabled virtual worlds. Think of it as a “metaRPG” where the players own the world, your NFTs can become playable characters, and thousands can play together in real time. Pretty cool, huh?
Until now, The Otherside developments have spoiled us. We’ve witnessed Legends of the Mara (LoTM), decoupled Kodas, Vessels, and Otherdeed Expanded NFTs. You can read about all of these in the official blog series.
What is The Latest Update?
Now, the latest update is regarding the StarMap. On May 30th, 2023, The Otherside announced that “your Otherdeed expanded is your game board, but look to the skies where the constellations align to provide a vision of the future.” In addition, in Legends of the Mara, the spotlight is on the ancient Kodas, but they won’t fight alone. Allies will join the battle to protect Otherside from the Shattered.
Significantly, the update explains that voyagers will not be going into battle solo. Markedly, alliances are being formed with various Yuga Labs PFP collections and a carefully chosen group of third-party PFP collections. These alliances will bring reinforcements into the epic battle of Legends of the Mara.
By owning one of these battle ally NFTs, you’ll gain additional means to defeat the Shattered and collect their valuable treasures. Even a low-tier environment with limited Hunter slots can gain a strategic advantage in the fight against the Shattered, potentially leading to a higher position on the Leaderboard.
This announcement is exciting for those immersed in The Otherside experience. Finally, Yuga Labs urge participants to choose their battle alliances wisely, as there is a limited number of ally NFT slots available. Yuga Labs has delivered consistently, and this update has not disappointed. Be sure to check back often for regular updates!
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Record-Breaking Sale: ‘The Goose’ Artwork Soars to $6.2 Million at Sotheby’s Auction
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Snoop Dogg Takes NFTs on Tour With the Passport Series
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Crypto Companies Flock to Hong Kong: Understanding the Implications of New Regulations”
- NFT Guest PostsJune 16, 2023FEWOCiOUS’ Signature Style Takes Center Stage in adidas Originals Collaboration