The legendary Alien Xenomorph sculpture is set to be sold as 500 exclusive NFTs. It is the original inspiration for Ridley Scott’s ‘Alien’ film series. This thrilling convergence of art, sci-fi cinema, and blockchain technology will take place on the 16th of June.
- June 16th marks the sale of 500 exclusive NFTs of the legendary Alien Xenomorph sculpture, an inspiration behind Ridley Scott’s ‘Alien’ film series.
- The pioneering fine-art platform, Particle, facilitates this groundbreaking sale. Established in 2020, they convert renowned artworks, such as Banksy’s ‘Love is in the Air’ and the Alien Xenomorph sculpture, into digital tokens, democratizing fine art ownership.
- Banksy token owners can purchase a piece of the Alien sculpture at a discounted price of $800, below the standard price of $1,000. Early access to the sale is also available to these owners and to attendees of a special event on June 7th at Pavilhão Carlos Lopes in Lisbon.
How will the Xenomorph Sculpture be sold?
HR Giger’s iconic sculptures are famous. One of them, Landschaft X (Tell ’73), has been sold for $229,583, at Christie’s Zurich in 2017. Particle proposes to co-own one of the artist’s most spectacular pieces, the Xenomorph.
The pieces of the Alien will be sold on Particle’s website for $1,000. Moreover, owners of the Banksy tokens will have access to a discounted price. They will be able to buy a piece of the Alien Xenomorph sculpture: for $800. Plus, they’ll get the privilege of early access to the sale.
Before the big day, the sculpture will be on display at Pavilhão Carlos Lopes in Lisbon from June 7-8th. Attendees of a special event on June 7th will also gain early access to the sale.
Harold Eytan, Particle’s CEO, believes this sale will allow a wider audience to appreciate Giger’s artistry. Moreover, he envisions a world where art is accessible to all, not just a privileged few.
“We are thrilled to unveil the addition of H.R Giger’s Necronom/Alien III to our fractionalized collection”, he says. “Through the tokenized sale of this iconic ‘Alien’ design, we hope to bring Giger’s artistic legacy to an even greater audience. We believe art, film, and music transcend borders and human-created boundaries, and few are better than Giger’s profound exploration of the depths of the human psyche through art to encapsulate this truth”.
What is Particle?
Particle made headlines in 2022 when they sold Banksy’s ‘Love is in the Air’ for $12.9 million. Instead of a single buyer, they split the artwork into 10,000 digital tokens. Therefore, over 2,600 people could claim ownership of the artwork.
Established in 2020 by experts in art, technology, and blockchain, Particle aims to transform how audiences interact with art. Moreover, their ambition is to create an alternative art experience. The sale of the ‘Alien’ Xenomorph sculpture appears as a significant milestone in this journey.
In other words, it’s a novel approach to art ownership that combines traditional and modern elements. In doing so, it makes fine art more accessible to a broader audience.
“Giger’s Xenomorph sculpture embodies the very essence of Particle’s endeavor, igniting profound reflections on the human experience and serving as a catalyst for thought-provoking conversations”, says Particle’s co-founder Loic Gouzer, who insists on the fact that the sculpture explores the intricate relationship between humanity and technology. “Through co-ownership and our collective passion, Particle strives to bridge gaps”, says Gouzer. “Dismantle barriers, and ensure that art truly becomes a transformative force that belongs to all”.
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Record-Breaking Sale: ‘The Goose’ Artwork Soars to $6.2 Million at Sotheby’s Auction
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Snoop Dogg Takes NFTs on Tour With the Passport Series
- NFT Guest PostsJune 17, 2023Crypto Companies Flock to Hong Kong: Understanding the Implications of New Regulations”
- NFT Guest PostsJune 16, 2023FEWOCiOUS’ Signature Style Takes Center Stage in adidas Originals Collaboration